Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Missing Doug

Johnny,

 

Thanks for the great write-up on Doug.  I actually miss him already, I had a lot of good times visiting him over the past couple years.  It’s our job to make sure those bastards at the city keep up with their promise to keep his land as true green space for hikers, bikers, joggers, etc. and not just another urban park.  It’s too bad we didn’t know Doug when he sold the land to the City.  I’m sure he would have sold it to us with the same commitment to preserve it.  At $200,000 for the 60+ acres I think we could have raised the dough – then we really could have had a full blown outdoor club.  Maybe we could have called it the McNally Mountain Bike and Back Country Ski Club – proprietors: The West Side Boys.

 

It’s too bad we all had work responsibilities after the funeral – Johnny and I would have happily spent the whole afternoon toasting Doug’s spirit with Jim Brickman.  The picture of Dean drinking a beer is pretty incriminating –but I can vouch for him that is actually non-alcoholic.

 

Cheers - Tommy

No comments: